Friday 1 April 2016

HA3 - Task 4 Island Quest Concept Art Reference Pack

Task 4 - Review


I evaluated my work and reflected back on what I believe I did well and what could have been improved.

Evaluation                    Title of project: Island Quest reference pack


1. Original intentions What were the original intentions of your project? What were the photographs for and what was the creative intent behind the brief? Has the project met the original intentions and why?
To create a reference pack to be used to make ancient Greek  styled characters. The photographs were for said reference pack, the project met the original intentions well enough despite the animals being a little less “Ancient Greek” than desired.

2. The production of meaning. How have audiences responded to your images? Was the audience response what you expected? Do the photographs create the intended meaning?
Based on feedback from my classmates the images apparently do their intended job well of giving a good reference to the designer of the animal or parts of the animal.

3. The production process. What techniques did you use to produce the work? What skills did you develop? What went well? What difficulties did you encounter?
I used manual settings on the camera, Some canted shots and mostly portrait or landscape close ups and extreme close ups, I believe I developed a better eye for photography in general as when I put my mind to the second shoot I believe the pictures came out quite well.

4. How do your photographs compare to similar professionally produced examples? What are the similarities to your work? 
The similarities between my reference packs and professional reference packs is the style of photography I tried to keep the subjects as centred as possible. However I don’t believe my work could be passed off as professional just yet, I would need to brush up my work by conducting at least 1 or 2 more shoots.

5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your photographs? Following audience feedback for your photographs, how effective are they at communicating with the audience?
The strengths of my photographs are the images came out clear and focused and you can see the details of the animals. The weaknesses are that some of the pictures are angled slightly awkwardly for a reference pack such as the canted shots of the rabbits.

6. If you were to do this project again, what would you change? 
I would take a lot more pictures of the animals even if I believed I had the perfect shot I would take more just to be sure, I would also widen my selection of animals I could take pictures of by taking a trip to a zoo or wildlife sanctuary.







No comments:

Post a Comment